The Resource Centre located at Block B of UCSI University incorporates the UCSI University Library and the Computer Services Department. The Library is divided into two main areas. In support of the Problem Based Learning philosophy (PBL), a few common learning areas have been designated for student discussion, as opposed to the Quiet Learning Area for student self-study. In addition, there are also discussion rooms provided for group study and discussions, with computer laboratories integrated with the Library for student access to the digital learning resources and the Internet.
The UCSI University Library is a five-storey building which currently holds about 50,000 volumes of text and reference books, printed journals, music scores and audio-visual items for students to conduct their self-directed researches and studies for their course studies. Librarians are also readily-available to advise, guide and assist users in all aspects of library use, the library facilities, and the computerized services. Workstations with internet facilities and access to the e-mail, the library's online catalogues, and other sources of information during the library operational hours are also available for free. CD-ROMs, audio CDs and videocassettes are also available as supplementary references. The current library facilities are adequate for UCSI U's programmes and can accommodate the increasing student population with a maximum seating of 500 at a time.
Mission / Objective
UCSI University Library supports students and researchers through the power of information and learning. Collections include an extensive collection of eBooks, print books and online resources.
Our mission is to provide excellent resources, services and facilities to support our users' requirements to enhance teaching, learning and research at UCSI University.
- To support the educational process and research by acquiring information resources to fulfil the needs of the University community, including its teaching and administrative staff, as well as its students.
- To process, organise, arrange and offer resources which feature high library standards and practices.
- To provide training and the learning opportunities for users to facilitate them in utilising the resources for their continuous needs.
Kuala Lumpur Campus
|Monday - Friday||08:00 am - 09:00 pm|
|09:00 am - 05:00 pm
09:00 am - 01:00 pm
- Library users should leave the library at the second announcement before the closure of the library.
- No transactions at the counter (Borrowing/returning and renewal) can be made 15 minutes before closing time.
- Operating Hours are subject to change by management without prior notice.
- The Library shall not be responsible for the safety of any personal property left within the Library. Unclaimed and lost property found are to be handed over to Student Affairs within 24 hours or the next working day.
|Monday - Friday||08.30 am - 06:00 pm|
|Saturday (1st & 3rd only)||08.30 am - 12.30 pm|
|Sunday - Thursday||8.30 am - 06:00 pm|
|Friday & Saturday||CLOSED|
Bandar Springhill Campus
|Sunday - Thursday||8.00 am - 05:00 pm|
|Friday & Saturday||CLOSED|
|Monday - Friday||09:00 am - 06:00 pm|
|Saturday - Sunday||CLOSED|