Loss or Damage Policy
- Borrowers will be held fully responsible for the
Library materials in their possession and are required to pay for the value of the book, overdue charges (if any) plus administration fees if the materials are lost or damaged.
- Borrowers are responsible for ensuring that the books they borrow are in good condition, otherwise, they will be held responsible for and will be charged for the damage.
- If the material is lost, an immediate report should be made to the Librarian to enable appropriate actions to be taken. The borrower may replace the material lost/damaged either by directly purchasing or by requesting the Library to replace it.
- All books replaced in this manner must be of the latest edition. If the book is one of a set series, the borrower may be called upon to replace the whole set or series.
- Any attempt to steal Library properties is a serious offence and will result in disciplinary procedures and other appropriate actions.