The Library is accessible to all full-time and part-time students officially enrolled in any of the programmes offered at UCSI University. The use of the Library, however, is governed by its rules and regulations set forth herewith.
The operating hours of the UCSI University Library is available on the UCSI University website.
For the Library to carry out its functions effectively, as well as for the benefit of other Library users, the UCSI University Library requires all visitors to comply with the following general rules and regulations:
- Display your student identification nametags upon entering the Library.
- You must be decently dressed and should conduct yourself properly in the Library.
- All Library users must observe silence in the Library and its environments at all times.
- As seating in the Library is limited, reservation of seats is not permitted. The Library staff may remove books and other articles left for any length of time on chairs and tables.
- The discussion rooms are to be used strictly for group discussions only.
- The Librarian on duty has the right to request you to leave the premises if you are found to be violating any of its rules.
- An announcement will be made ten minutes prior to closing time and you must vacate the premise punctually.
- The Library will not be held responsible for the loss or misplacement of personal belongings.
- The Librarian is empowered to withhold the Library facilities if there is any infringement of these rules.
The Management may amend the Library Rules and Regulations as and when necessary.
The following items and actions are prohibited in the Library:
- Smoking, including electronic cigarettes (e- cigarettes)
- Consumption of food and drinks.
- Playing games or any non-academic related activities.
- Pets of any kind, living or non-living.
- Talking excessively loud, shouting or chatting noisily with other users or on mobile phones.
- Any person who causes a disturbance in the Library or who refuses to abide by Library rules may be directed by the Librarians or security personnel to leave the Library.
Roving services is a service where the Librarian moves throughout the Library to locate patrons who make noise and eat inside the Library. Librarians will do a roving for every floor during peak hours to minimise the noise and also prevent students from eating inside the Library.